Frequently Asked Questions
If you still have questions please contact us!
What does a FASTSIGNS Franchise Agreement give me access to?
- Four weeks of our New Owner Training
- An extensive first year marketing strategy, developed specifically for your market
- FASTSIGNS® design and construction package
- Site selection and lease negotiation assistance
- Complete Operations and Marketing systems
- Exclusive territory
- Access to a FASTSIGNS dedicated support and training website
Plus much more, including:
- Our ongoing training and support,
- Visits from our business development team,
- Cutting-edge training and information, keeping your business ahead of any technological developments.
Are there any on-going fees?
- 4% royalty fee
- 1% Central Marketing Fund
After the first year, this increases slightly, to
- 7% royalty fee
- 2% Central Marketing Fund
What experience do I need?
How much support do you provide to set my franchise up?
- Site selection
- Site analysis
- Market & demographic analysis
- Land-lord coordination
- Site evaluation
- Fit out drawings
- Lease reviews
- Negotiation assistance
- Architectural planning
- Contractors bid reviews
- Pre-opening marketing, to drive enquiries to you
- Grand opening support and guidance from a franchise business consultant
Will I have a protected territory?
How do you support franchisees once they have started?
- Dedicated Business Consultants, who will assist you with business/finances training, marketing and sales, production and staff management
- Our Franchisee Mentor Programme is there to guide you in every aspect of your business
- Our 24-hour web-based learning management system, keeps you and your staff up-to-speed and in-the-know, in our fast-paced industry
- Personalised Operational Support, such as advanced pricing and cost analysis tools and dedicated Business Consultants
- Business & Financial Management, product testing & ratings, supplier & equipment evaluations and advanced technological expertise
- Being part of the FASTSIGNS network, where you can participate in:
- Our annual convention and supplier show,
- Franchisee message boards,
- Franchise Advisory Committee
- Online access to support training, technical, marketing and HR tools
How long will it take for my business to be up-and-running?
- Lease negotiation
- Completion of the New Owner Training
- Construction time, etc.
You could be up and running within six months of signing with FASTSIGNS.
What marketing support do you provide?
- First year: 1% gross profit
- Thereafter: 2% gross profit
The CMF is spent on marketing activities designed to support the whole network, and covers activities such as Pay Per Click (PPC) and Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).
The way this fund is spent is decided by the CMF board, made up of franchisees who are elected by the FASTSIGNS network.
We also provide assistance in creating and implementing a bespoke annual marketing plan for your centre.